Frequently asked questions

Q: Do you travel outside of Auckland?

A: Yes, I do. The cost of travel, and if required, accommodation will be included in my fee.

Q: How does payment work?

A: To secure a booking, I require a 30% deposit. The remaining 70% is due on the day of my performance.

Q: Do you have a sound system?

A: Yes, I come with a full PA system.

Q: Can I request songs that are not listed in your repertoire?
A: If you wish, I’ll do my best to learn one or two new songs for your event. Some songs, though, might not be practical. If that is the case, I will discuss with you suitable alternatives.

Q: How long can you play for?

A: As a soloist, I can perform up to four 50-minute sets. My band, Standard Deviation, can perform up to three 50-minute sets.

Q: Is your music suitable for dancing to?

A: As a soloist, no. My music is suitable for creating a nice atmosphere while people talk to each other. My band, Standard Deviation, though, can play jazz-style dance music.